26.3.10

Fairy Park

frogprince

While I’ve was offline, we were away for a few days on a little mini-holiday & we went to a place called Fairy Park. It’s out in the middle of nowhere, it’s fifty years old & it’s AMAZING. I went once with school when I was wee & loved & never forgot it – I’ve been desperate to take Punk for ages & when it was mentioned in the little booklet of tourist attractions (despite being an hour away…) where we were staying I demanded we go the next day.

enter

It was so great… exactly as I remembered it – which is a rare thing indeed – and Miss Punk adored it. There are mechanically animated fairytale scenes in little cottages behind glass & you push the button to hear the fairytale & see the characters move… Punk was all “Wow wow!” & “Oh Cool!” & like at Christmas, she soon realised that there was a lot of fun to be had “NEXT!”, gosh I wish I could take her to Disneyland!

fairypark

The playground is one that you never see anymore – for health & litigation reasons I imagine – it seems dangerous beyond words, but that just makes it all the more fun….

yikes

11 comments:

  1. My siblings and I all have photos in our baby albums from Fairy Park. I still remember going there as a kiddie. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am so jealous! We had a place about an hour away from here called "The Enchanted Forest" that was similar. Now it's called something else and totally sucks. There is another place I would take Pony Girl but its hours away called "Prehistoric Gardens" lots of dinosaurs in the woods!
    Glad you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cool! I remember going to a similar place in Queensland when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun! What a virtual land of the lost! Such great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've dredged up a very faint memory of having gone there myself. I remember it being a bit creepy - I must have been very young!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. May those little, uninsured, dangerous playgrounds continue to hang on so that our kids can grow up knowing that a grazed knee isn't fatal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This place is so close to me, but I've never been yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how divine! I...oh..umm.. I mean.... Busy would love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ive missed you, i didnt realise you were back to blog land :)
    i went there when i was a kid, it looks awesome, hopefully tis still there someday when i have kidlets, to take them there :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a great time - I love the oldy-fashioned photos

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this place looks amazing! Love your photos too. I wanna go... for me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin