1.10.09

My Creative Space.



I SO wanted to have last week's WIP ready for you today (that pic is Le Punk "helping"...), but alas, my wrist feels rather carpel tunnel syndromish and I can't say I enjoy it... I've been (hand)sewing, drawing, sewing, writing, sewing & sewing and it is starting to take it's toll so I am taking a break & stocking up on ideas & inspiration, which means, today, My Creative Space is sporting crafty books & mags.







There are old books, new books, library books & opshop mags. Yup, that's Better Homes & Gardens on the bottom there. I find it hard to believe that I own any Better Homes & Gardens mags - 50 cents or not - but I swear to you they are SO much better than you imagine them to be... really! Full of cool home ideas & crafty stuff & even the occasional yummy recipe (meanwhile, that big ass CWA cookbook has maaaany yummy recipes...!). Like the super annoying TV show without the super annoying stuff. Will be scouring the Oppy for more issues, me thinks.






(See - how awesome is that bookshelf wall? I am drooling over pretty like this right now, obsessed with buying a house, hopefully we get to go house shopping around xmas... woot!)


I'm going to get me an old peeps brass bracelet or something & get sewing again... if I don't have that WIP up next week feel free to kick my butt.
More Creative Spaces here.

13 comments:

  1. Nothing beats a CWA cookbook. Nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flicking through crafty books & magazines. My list of projects that I want to give a go just grows and grows and grows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww sweet little chubby fingers :) I love looking at all the eye candy in magazines and books like that...I even ordered some catalogs recently to do just that haha..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bookshelf wall. I hope you get to work on your wip soon and that your wristfeels better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love BHAG mags - I don't buy them anymore, but they are full of great ideas.
    What a lovely little helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw a BHAG mag a few weeks ago now and I was amazed at how good it was. That bookshelf is divine :) I get a really sore neck from too much sewing at the machine. Great post :) K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impressive book collection. It doesn't matter how old design and craft magazines become they are still an excellent resource guide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that bookshelf wall!! WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bookshelf wall and agree that the BH&G mags are much better than the show. Hope your wrist is better soon

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the magazine collecting bug too! Real bad!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm suffering from sickness, just the inspiration I needed to pull out some books and mags. Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Flipping through magazines is sure to get the creative juices flowing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i still have all my BHAG mags since 1993 when I had my house built and cant bear to get rid of them. Ooooh if I could only have that bookcase in the last pict to put them in. Hope your wrists get better soon. Seems to be a lot of CTS going around lately.

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin