24.9.09

My Creative Space....






AKA My still new & shiny, smells like varnish in a good way, pretty, pretty, pretty crafty cabinet creative space...!



I am joining in with kootoyoo's "My Creative Space"! First of all I have to say that a) I can't believe I actually remembered to do this on the right day (or at all), and b) I actually have something going on in my 'Creative Space' to document in the first place!



So I guess the first thing to note about the week that was is the whole "new" creative space - as I mentioned earlier, this was intended as an occasional craft area but I just can't leave it alone. Yesterday I moved my machines in here & everything, so I've effectively made two completely separate areas, this one for crafting & my old one for painting. It is probably for the best - I kept using fabric to wipe my dirty paintbrushes on for a start....







The other thing going on in my nifty new space is a rare Work In Progress. I don't have many WIPs - I either finish what I start in a feverish can't eat ('cept for chocolate... have to keep the energy levels up), can't clean up (woohoo!) sort of way, or give up completely, but this I have started and it is a rather big, prominent piece of furniture that I'm not even half way through so I am committed whether I like it or not.



I don't know whether I want to reveal the exact details (that is a lie, of course I know... I don't want to), as I like the whole "reveal" of a before & after shot without the dodgey in between stuff, but you can draw your own conclusions from my Creative Space this week and whatever else I have already mentioned... you sneaky Sherlock Holmes types....


17 comments:

  1. Yay for such a fantastic space and actually 2 spaces to boot can't beat that :P....Hmmm not sure what you got cooking up but I will be waiting for that big reveal :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice use of space.

    Now, you have got me curious about your 'reveal'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your space looks so neat and tidy compared to mine. Don't worry about your WISPs, they will be finished in time. Can't wait for the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "smells like varnish"...wonderful! I LOVE that smell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so tidy.....enjoy it in case it ends up looking like mine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooo jealous of your pretty cabinet which has a place for everything. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, the intrigue...

    Separation of spaces sounds like a good idea. Your sewing space looks disturbingly neat though!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great space - looking forward to the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always great to have a new spacc~ two even better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great looking space, and to have two is even better - no need to pack away the paints when you want to sew and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant space, so tidy, I'm very impressed. Pop your hand out and I'll give you an elephant stamp ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm, I'm less of a sneaky Sherlock Holmes type and more a somewhat dim witted Wiley Coyote type. So I'll just have to grit my teeth and wait....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad you've taken a photograph now whilst it's all shiny and ordered! I don't know many creative types that can maintain such order for any length of time beyond that first crafting adventure. Good luck. Peta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray for remembering to post your creative space on the right day! It took me about 2 months :O
    Your space is so tidy and neat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. love a good mystery, waiting for the reveal. looks like a great space-so very tidy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great creative space. And since I'm too tired right now to do the Sherlock Holmes thing I'll just wait to see what you will reveal. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Let's have a chat. And a biscuit. And some tea. And another biscuit.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin